Sunday 9 December 2012

Aussie Christmas Nail Challenge: Green

Alright, I'm back with another of the challenges from the Aussie Christmas Nail Challenge. This time the theme is 'Green'. As you can see my nails are a lot shorter than usual, I had an unfortunate run in with a fridge door of all things and had to cut them short. Send out speedy growing vibes for me please!

Full sunlight

Full sunlight

I've used Revlon's 'Emerald City' which is the perfect Christmassy shade of green in my opinion. This polish is actually a matte suede but I think it looks stunning with a shiny top coat. To create the flowers/Christmas wreaths/whatever you want to call them I've used some red and silver rhinestones that I bought from ebay (search 'nail art rhinestones'). I used a dotting tool dipped in clear polish to pick them up and place them on the nail. Very easy even for beginners :)

Because I've been having issues with my cuticles lately I'm trying to cut back on my use of remover by making my manis last as long as possible, so I'll be giving the 'Elf' challenge a miss and I'll be back on the 13th for the 'BBQ' challenge :)



12 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful and your flowers/wreaths are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this green, its so rich and dark! I think I like it shiny too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I could have added a second coat of top coat to have made it even shinier! The shimmer in it really comes out when it's not matte.

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the color and the flowers :D Sorry you had to cut your nails, and hope they grow back super fast >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Me too, nail art can be really limiting with shorter nails :/

      Delete
  4. This is so cute! I love how you've managed to use rhinestones without the whole design looking bulky or unwearable :) too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julz, I was considering putting them on every nail, but I was sleepy so I settled for a feature nail haha. Was probably a good thing I was tired.

      Delete

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)